Scott Burrell demonstrates how to create an attribute store so Windows Server 2016 ADFS can look up user identities in an internal or an external LDAP.
- [Instructor] We've discussed how AD FS…is the central point of identity and access…in Windows Server.…And we've created a scenario where one company…trusts claims from another…to control access across company lines.…Another way to identify users outside your Active Directory…is to allow the company with the resources…to go straight to your organization's directory of users.…Every organization with multiple users…keeps a list somewhere.…
If it isn't in Active Directory,…it has to be maintained somewhere.…Even within Active Directory environments,…there may be a separate directory of users…that's accessed by custom applications.…The most common standard for these types of directories…is Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, or LDAP.…AD FS can authenticate users that exist in an LDAP…by browsing and acknowledging users…that exist in that directory.…
This access is not very granular,…and it doesn't give different access to different users…within the same LDAP container,…but it could prove useful…when you want to make a resource available…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring AD FS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.