- Planning the server hardware
- Installing Windows Server 2019
- Configuring NIC teaming
- Configuring storage
- Configuring roles
- Managing features on demand
- Migrating roles and features to other servers with SMIG
Skill Level Beginner
- [Scott] So you want to install a new Windows server. Have you stopped to ask yourself why? I'm not suggesting that you second guess yourself. Rather, I want to point out the importance of defining what a new server will do before you start shopping and definitely before you start running the installation process. In this course, we will explore the planning progress as well as the necessary steps to get a new Windows 2019 server installed and productive in your environment. We will use legacy administration tools on the desktop, as well as PowerShell to configure a fresh installation of Windows server with an identity, network address, storage and the necessary roles to serve your network needs.
Hi, I'm Scott Burrell, and I'm a big fab of measuring twice so we can cut only once. Let's take a look at how to do just that.