Review the complete set of objectives for exam 70-742, Identity with Windows Server 2016, at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-742.aspx.
- Creating Group Policy objects
- Understanding inheritance
- Adjusting Group Policy preferences and settings
- Running Group Policy update
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Adjusting security settings and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Ed Liberman and I've been managing and teaching about Windows Server for almost 20 years now. Group policy has been a major part of introductory since Windows 2000 and continues to be widely used today. Network administrators use group policy to help them provide their users with efficient work environments. In this course, I'll explain how group policy processing works, including the default processing order, as well as exceptions like block inheritance and enforced links. Then we'll walk through how to configure various group policy settings, such as administrative templates, folder redirection, and longer scripts.
After that, we'll go through group policy troubleshooting and finally, we'll wrap things up by looking at some security settings. So let's get started.