- Identify the fundamentals of installing DNS.
- Examine the components of DNC client configuration.
- Recognize the essential elements of managing DNS.
- Explore how to create a DNS zone.
- Define Active Directory-integrated zones.
- Break down DNS resource record types.
- Identify the steps to configuring DNS zone replication.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Ed] Hi, I'm Ed Liberman. DNS has been a major part of Windows deployments since the early days of computer networking, and continues to be heavily used today. In fact, DNS is more important today than ever. Now DNS provides name resolution to both internal enterprise networks, as well as external networks, such as the Internet. DNS also provides required services to support Active Directory Domain Services. In this course, I'll start off by showing you how to deploy DNS, then we'll go over DNS zones, the name resolution process, and finally we'll wrap things up by discussing a little bit about advanced DNS functionality.
So let's go ahead and get started.