Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows Server 2012 R2 monitoring tools, part of Windows Server 2012 R2: Deploy Manage and Maintain Servers.
- [Voiceover] When it comes to monitoring…and troubleshooting your servers, one of the most…important pieces of information you can have at your…disposal is just knowing what tools are available to you.…Many organizations will go ahead and invest in…a third party tool that is maybe focused on a specific area…that is important to that organization.…Beyond that it's also important to know that…Microsoft has built a number of monitoring tools…right into Windows Server 2012 R2.…Let's look at some of these built-in tools.…
To do this, I can go onto any of my servers…that I have here at all.…I'm just gonna pick out member one, it's a member server…within our domain that does have Windows Server 2012 R2.…The first two I’d like to look at is one that has been…around for a very long time and comes in quite handy,…and then something called the task manager.…There is a few different ways you can access the task…manager, but typically what I would do is just simply right…click down here on the taskbar and select task manager.…
- Installing and configuring Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Creating and deploying images with WDS
- Implementing patch management with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Reporting with WSUS
- Monitoring the performance of servers