Note: This course also maps to the Configure File and Print Services domain for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSA) Exam 70-411, Administering Windows Server 2012. Review the exam objectives here.
- Configuring quotas
- Configuring file management tasks
- Configuring DFS namespaces and replication
- Encrypting files with BitLocker and EFS
- Implementing advanced audit policy settings
Skill Level Intermediate
- On Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, file and storage services are common components that network administrators deal with. I'm Ed Liberman. And I've been managing and teaching about Windows Server for almost 20 years now. In this course, we'll take a look at how to configure the File Server Resource Manager, which helps support capacity management. Then we'll take a look at the distributed file system, which gives you the ability to support shares, spread around multiple locations. Then I'll show you how to configure file and dis-encryption, and we'll end with a look at the advanced audit policies, so you can keep an eye on your network.
So let's go.