Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Windows Server 2016 New Features.
- [Narrator] Before watching this course, there is some prerequisite knowledge and experience that you should have. You should already be familiar with and hopefully have some experience in managing Windows Server 2012 and in that you should be familiar with Active Directory Domain Services as well as configuring storage and networking, at least the general concepts, and I definitely recommend that you have some experience with virtual machines and clustering because everything that we're gonna talk about is cloud based.
Now as far as any equipment that you need to follow along, there's really nothing you need. This is a what's new course where we're just going to talk about the new features that are going to be coming out with Windows Server 2016. There is one demonstration that I go through in which I just use one simple virtual machine to show you the installation of the operating system. Outside of that, there's nothing else that you really need to know to get started with this course.
- Recognize the fundamentals of installing Windows Server 2016.
- Explore the new features in Hyper-V.
- Identify the elements of Windows Server 2016 management.
- Determine what is new in AD DS.
- Break down the improvements made with AD FS.
- Examine the features of Storage Spaces Direct.
- Explore the components of software-defined networking.