Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Windows Server 2012: Install, Configure, and Administer Active Directory.
- In this course, we're going to use a preconfigured Domain Controller, as well as a second server that will be converted in to a Domain Controller. If you wish to follow along with the demonstration you need to have these servers set up for your own use. If you have questions about installing servers and turning them in to Domain Controllers, you can look at the course Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012. Additionally, at one point, we'll be working with Permissions. If you have any questions about permissions and how they work, you can look at the course Configuring Basic Microsoft Services.
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.