Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- View Offline
- In this course, we're going to use a preconfigured Domain Controller, as well as a second server that will be converted in to a Domain Controller. If you wish to follow along with the demonstration you need to have these servers set up for your own use. If you have questions about installing servers and turning them in to Domain Controllers, you can look at the course Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012. Additionally, at one point, we'll be working with Permissions. If you have any questions about permissions and how they work, you can look at the course Configuring Basic Microsoft Services.
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units