Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video What are starter group policies objects and how to use them, part of Windows Server 2012: Create and Manage Group Policy.
- Starter Group Policy Objects…are templates you can use to create multiple group policies…based on the starter group policy…that we mentioned in the first video of this course.…You create and edit starter group policies…in the same way as you do other group policies…using the Group Policy Editor tool.…When you are first viewing the starter group policy object…in the Editor tool you'll be prompted to create…a folder where you will store all the group policies…you create using your starter group policy object.…
As we've just mentioned starter group policy objects…can be used to create other group policy objects.…The way we do that is come back up here to our Tools,…go ahead and open up our Group Policy Manager again.…Now let's go ahead and expand the forest…in our Group Policy Manager,…also expand the Domains,…expand the randomdomain,…which is the domain we're actually using here.…And you'll notice down here at the bottom…we have a Starter Group Policies option.…If we click on that you'll notice…that the first thing you see is this button…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.