Learn how to work with IPv4 and IPv6 in the context of a Windows Server 2016 environment. This course covers configuring an IPv4 host, implementing IPv6, troubleshooting connectivity, and more.
- [Ed] Hi, I'm Ed Liberman. Networking has been a major part of enterprise computing for a number of decades now, and continues to be an absolute necessity today. TCP/IP and IP addressing are a major part of the function of computer networking and are also required for internet connectivity. In this course, I will explain what an IP address is and how it actually works. Then we'll talk about the new IP Version Six and how to implement it in today's IP Version Four networks, and finally, we'll go through some troubleshooting techniques and tools.
So let's get started.
- Creating an IP addressing scheme
- Working with binary numbers
- Connecting a network to other networks
- Classless Interdomain Routing (CIDR)
- IPv4 addressing
- Implementing IPv6
- Using troubleshooting tools