Learn how to manage, monitor, and maintain Windows Server 2016, using WSUS, Performance Monitor, Message Analyzer, and event logs, and prepare for MS Exam 70-740.
- [Scott] Everyone wants a perfect server, with no vulnerabilities and no errors, that always runs exactly the way it should. And I imagine the day that product is released will be the same day that we discover that pizza's a health food, and operating a computer workstation burns calories. Until then, we need a way to keep our workstations and our servers as current as possible, with all updates and patches, and we need a way to know when something has gone wrong, and whenever possible, when we're headed to catastrophe. In this course, we'll take a look at a product that allows you to manage the updates throughout your Windows network, and also a number of different tools that will help you monitor and track how your network environment is doing.
And we'll take a look at some of the steps you can take, once you have that information. So let's get started.
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.