Learn best practices for deploying, updating, and performance-monitoring Windows Server 2012 R2.
- On Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, deployment and maintenance are common management issues network administrators have to deal with. I'm Ed Liberman, and I've been managing and teaching about Windows Server for almost 20 years now. In this course, we'll take a look at Windows Deployment Services, which helps simplifies the deployment of systems around the network. We'll then take a look at Windows Server updates services, which provides a centralized location for the distributing of updates to your systems. And then we'll finish up by taking a look at some monitoring tools so you can make sure to keep your servers running efficiently.
So let's go.
- Installing and configuring Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Creating and deploying images with WDS
- Implementing patch management with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Reporting with WSUS
- Monitoring the performance of servers