Learn to configure three essential Microsoft services for any organization running Windows Server: file sharing, printers, and remote server management.
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Timothy Pintello. In this course, I'll introduce you to some of the basic services that are found in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and show you how to carry out basic installation and configuration of those services. In this course, we'll go over file and folder sharing, permissions, quotas and print and document services. We will also take time to discuss how remote server management can help you administer multiple servers from one centralized location. Along with discussing some basic Microsoft services, we'll also implement, configure and install those services and their dependencies in a virtual network environment using Virtual Box.
With Virtual Box, you'll configure multiple server 2012 virtual machines to enable the basic services discussed in this course. So let's get started with Configuring Basic Microsoft Services.
- Enabling network discovery and file and print sharing
- Sharing a folder
- Adding filer server roles
- Using the Server Manager wizard
- Setting up share and NTFS permissions
- Understanding effective rights and inheritance
- Applying shadow volume copies and NTFS quotas
- Installing and sharing printers
- Configuring remote server management