Get a practical introduction to setting up Windows Server 2012.
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Timothy Pintello and welcome to the Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012. In this course, we'll take a practical approach to planning, installing, and configuring Windows Server. We'll start by talking about some of the planning considerations you'll need to take into account before installing. We'll take a good look at the various additions of Server 2012 and their hardware requirements. We'll use Virtual Box to set up fully functional virtual machines that work just like the real thing.
Also install multiple virtual servers and connect them together in a network. We'll look at some of the tools, server types, roles, and services that Server 2012 has to offer. Finally, we'll discuss some local storage options for our installation of Server 2012. Let's get started with Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012.
Learn how to choose an edition that's right for your setup, install Windows Server 2012 and the VirtualBox drivers, and then configure the services and roles on your new server. Timothy also shows how to set up local storage and manage Windows Server in one of two ways: through the command line or with the simple admin interface that ships with Windows Server.
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Installing VirtualBox drivers
- Configuring server roles
- Configuring services
- Configuring disk and file systems
- Using alternative administration methods