Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using security templates to create GPOs, part of Creating and Managing Group Policy for Windows Server 2012.
- Security Templates are a type of template…that can be found in Microsoft Server 2012.…A Security Template is a collection…of configuration settings that apply to security.…The Security Template can be saved as a text file…with the .inf extension.…Security Templates actually have several similarities to…Group Policy Objects.…One, Security Templates…present security parameters in a unified interface.…This allows us to save security configurations as a file.…
This also simplifies the deployment of security settings…across a network or to individual computers.…Security Templates can be used to create…several security policy types.…Security Templates can be used to create audit policies…and user right assignments.…They can also be used to create security options…and event log policies.…You can use Security Templates…to configure security policies for a single system.…Alternatively, you can mix Security Templates…with group policies and scripting…to generate security policies for large networks.…
When mixing Security Templates…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.