Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Windows Server 2012: Install, Configure, and Administer Active Directory.
- This course does not use exercise files. However, this course does use a virtualized environment created using VirtualBox. If you want to follow along in your own VirtualBox environment, you'll need to download and install VirtualBox from Oracle's website. You will also need to download Microsoft Evaluation Copy of Server 2012 and create a couple of virtual machines. One of those virtual machines will need to be a domain controller, while the other one can start out as a standalone server.
If you have any questions about installing VirtualBox, or installing Windows Server, you can watch the lynda.com course Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012.
- Recall how to remove a domain controller from a domain.
- Explain how to create users.
- Describe what’s needed to access a domain.
- Cite the role of the administrator.
- Identify the reasons for registering a domain controller.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.