Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- This course does not use exercise files. However, this course does use a virtualized environment created using VirtualBox. If you want to follow along in your own VirtualBox environment, you'll need to download and install VirtualBox from Oracle's website. You will also need to download Microsoft Evaluation Copy of Server 2012 and create a couple of virtual machines. One of those virtual machines will need to be a domain controller, while the other one can start out as a standalone server.
If you have any questions about installing VirtualBox, or installing Windows Server, you can watch the lynda.com course Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012.
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.