Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Windows Server 2012: Create and Manage Group Policy.
- This course does not use exercise files. However, this course does use a virtualized environment created using VirtualBox. If you want to follow along in your own VirtualBox enviroment, you'll need to download and install VirtualBox from Oracle’s website. You will also need to download Microsoft's evaluation copy of server 2012 and create a couple of virtual machines. One of those virtual machines will need be our domain controller, while the other one can start out as a stand-alone server.
If you have any questions about installing VirtualBox or installing Windows servers, you can watch the Lynda.com course, Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012.
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.