Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Group Policy Results Wizard, part of Windows Server 2016: Implementing Group Policy.
- [Instructor] To help assist in the process…of troubleshooting Group Policy application,…Microsoft has included a couple of nifty wizards…right in the Group Policy Management Console.…The one I'd like to go over with you here…is the Group Policy results wizard.…To demonstrate this, we need to jump over…to our domain controller, DC-1.…Here in the Server Manager, we're going to go up…to the Tools menu, and select Group Policy Management.…
Here in Group Policy Management,…if I expand my Forest, you will see…that I have a couple of folders down at the bottom.…I have one called Group Policy Modeling,…which is a wizard that helps with what if scenarios,…and then we have Group Policy Results,…which is what I want to go over with you here,…and this is where you can run a wizard…to see what happened, or what were the results…when a user turned on the computer and logged in.…
Right, so if you have a user who has called you up and said,…"Hey, I have something that's not set properly,"…and you're trying to troubleshoot why that is,…
Review the complete set of objectives for exam 70-742, Identity with Windows Server 2016, at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-742.aspx.
- Creating Group Policy objects
- Understanding inheritance
- Adjusting Group Policy preferences and settings
- Running Group Policy update
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Adjusting security settings and policies