Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Group Policy Modeling Wizard, part of Windows Server 2016: Implementing Group Policy.
- [Narrator] To help assist us in the process of…troubleshooting the application of Group Policy objects,…Microsoft has given us a couple of pretty neat wizards…that are built right into the Group Policy management tool.…The one I want to go over with you here is something called…the Group Policy Modeling Wizard.…Now to demonstrate this, we need to jump over to our…domain controller DC-1.…Here in the Server Manager, we'll go up to the Tools menu,…and select Group Policy Management.…
In Group Policy Management, if I expand my forest,…you will see at the bottom the last two choices here…are Group Policy Modeling and Group Policy Results.…Now these are the two wizards that I was telling you about,…and Group Policy Results is one that will show you…kind of, in the past tense, like what was the result…the last time the user logged in?…And that's a very handy tool as well.…But the wizard I want to show you here is one that…I'm really excited about.…It's called Group Policy Modeling,…which creates a what-if scenario.…
Review the complete set of objectives for exam 70-742, Identity with Windows Server 2016, at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-742.aspx.
- Creating Group Policy objects
- Understanding inheritance
- Adjusting Group Policy preferences and settings
- Running Group Policy update
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Adjusting security settings and policies