Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using AppLocker, part of Creating and Managing Group Policy for Windows Server 2012.
- An alternative to software restrictions is the AppLocker.…Let's go ahead and look at how we would configure AppLocker.…First, we need to come up to our tools option,…then we need to select our group policy manager,…and then we need to come over and select…a group policy that we want to change.…In this case, let's go ahead and change…the one we've been working on so far,…which is the Vista EC Computer group policy.…Let's right click on that and click editor.…This brings up the group policy management editor.…
To get to AppLocker, we need to come over…to computer configuration,…policies, expand the policies node,…go in and expand the Windows subnode,…and then under the Windows subnode,…we need to expand the security settings option.…Let's go ahead and open that larger.…And under the security setting options,…we need to come down here to application control policies.…If we click that, it will bring up AppLocker.…If we click on the AppLocker, it'll bring up…an overview of the current state of AppLocker.…
If we expand AppLocker, you'll notice we have…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.