Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Active Directory to disable user accounts, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- The next thing I want to look at…is disabling a user account.…The reason we want to disable a user account is…if an employee quits, an employee is fired,…or something like that.…In that situation, you'll want to remove…that employee's ability to access the domain…as quickly as possible.…The way we do this is to come up here to our Tools option…and click the Active Directory Users and Computers tool.…Once this comes up, we come down to our Users,…and in this case, let's go down and look at…User Number Three, and disable him.…
We can right click that User, and then we can come up here…to the Disable Account option and click it.…And then click OK.…This User's now automatically disabled.…Now a person cannot use that User Object…to gain access to the domain.…One way to know that the User has been removed…from the domain or disabled from the domain rather.…Is to look over here to the User,…and you'll notice the down arrow symbol.…This down arrow symbol indicates that this User…has been disabled, much like our Template User…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.