User rights give user accounts the ability to perform specific administrative actions on a server. In this video, learn how to configure user rights.
- [Instructor] User rights are what determine what tasks … a user can complete. … Now one quick clarification is that you need to know … the difference between a user right … versus a user permission. … Permissions allow you to access resources, … a right allows you to perform an action, … so that's just a quick clarification. … So let me show you how to go ahead and configure … user rights in your environment. … To do this, we need to connect to a Domain Controller, … and I have one here called L8DC1. … So go ahead and connect to that now. … Here in the Server Manager, I'm going to go up … to the Tools menu, and I'm going to select … Group Policy Management, typically, you would assign … user rights through group policy. … I expand my Forest, and my Domains, and here's … my Domain landonhotel.local … I have a default Domain policy, … now if I were to go in there, … I could still show you where to configure rights, … but you won't see anything really configured yet, … and I'll explain why in just a moment. …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.