Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrading Active Directory Domain Services, part of Windows Server 2012: Install, Configure, and Administer Active Directory.
- Aside from creating new Domain Controllers…with new Active Directory Domain Sources Systems,…you also have the option of upgrading…older Active Directory Domain Services Systems.…Unfortunately, upgrading Active Directory Domain Services…only applies if the Server 2008 or Server 2008 Release Two.…Unfortunately, no earlier versions of Windows Server…can be upgraded to the new…Active Directory Domain Services System.…Aside from upgrading an old server,…you also have the option of replacing an old server…with a new Windows Server 2012 in to the existing domain.…
When you upgrade an Active Directory Domain Services…you can do this by using the upgrade option…that is in the Active Directory Domain Services wizard.…The steps for upgrading Active Directory Domain Services…are the same as when you're creating a new…Active Directory Domain Services server.…When prompted however, you will need to supply…the existing environmental credentials…rather than letting it create credentials of its own.…If you have to use an older…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.