In this video, learn about the commands and PowerShell cmdlets to upgrade the functional level, a new characteristic of AD FS, from 2012 AD FS 2016.
- [Instructor] One of the things…that Microsoft added to AD FS in Windows Server 2016…was a distinction of functional levels.…When you bring up a new Active Directory domain,…you get to choose the domain functional level.…With AD FS, you can now manage a functional level as well.…If you install your first AD FS instance…on a Windows 2016 server in a Windows 2016 domain,…you will be starting at the 2016 functional level.…
Regardless of your domain level, however,…if you have an existing AD FS farm…running on a Windows 2012 server…or a Windows 2012 R2 server,…installing a new AD FS server on Windows Server 2016…and adding it to the farm…will not automatically upgrade the functional level.…AD FS 2016 is perfectly comfortable operating…in a mixed environment,…running at the 2012 functional level.…
So, let's take a look at how to upgrade…from version 2012 to 2016.…I have here a server in the landoncafe.com domain…named cafefed01…that has Active Directory Federation Services installed.…And if I were to go to the Tools menu…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring ADFS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.