Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding computer objects, part of Windows Server 2012: Install, Configure, and Administer Active Directory.
- Aside from user objects there are also computer objects.…Computer objects, like everything else,…is tracked by Active Directory.…There are two things you need to access a domain.…One, you need a user account and password…that is registered on that domain.…And two, you need a recognized computer object…that is also registered on that domain.…The computer object, which is stored in the…active directory, contains certain things.…One, it contains a computer object specifications.…
Two, it defines the properties of a computer…the computer object represents.…Three, it specifies the computer's name.…Four, it specifies where the computer is located.…And finally, it can specify who is able to use…a specific computer.…Computer objects are able to inherit…group policy settings.…Group objects can also be used as members of groups.…If a group object is a member of a group…it will inherit the group permissions.…
Computer objects are primarily used by the domain…for authentication.…The way computer objects authenticates under the…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.