Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Windows Firewall, part of Windows Server 2012: Create and Manage Group Policy.
- The final topic we want to discuss is Windows Firewall.…A firewall is a program that protects…a computer or a network.…The firewall protects the computer or network…by allowing or disallowing certain types of network traffic.…The firewall uses a series of filters…to examine packets and traffic…passed into the firewall, to determine if that traffic…or packet is to be allowed or denied.…There are three criteria that Windows Firewall…is able to use to filter packets.…The first criteria is IP addresses.…
IP addresses are used to uniquely identify…every computer and device on a network.…Based on a packet's IP address,…Windows Firewall is able to allow…or deny packets from that computer.…The second criteria Windows Firewall…can use is protocol numbers.…Protocol numbers are contained within packets,…and are used to identify the types…of protocols that are within that packet.…By examining the protocol number in a packet,…Windows Firewall is able to determine…if it will allow traffic based on…what type of protocol is located in that packet.…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.