Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Windows Firewall rules, part of Windows Server 2012: Create and Manage Group Policy.
- Now we've looked at some basic Windows Firewall settings,…let's go ahead and look at what we would do…for some advanced settings.…To get the advanced settings,…you need to click the Advanced Settings link here.…This will bring up the…Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window.…In this window we can get an over-view…of the settings that currently exist in the firewall,…such as, whether the Domain Profile is active or not,…whether the Private Profile is active or not,…Public Profile active or not, that sort of thing.…But we can also come over here…and look at some advanced rules for the firewall.…
We have both Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.…These rules look the same, and even are the same…as far as a lot of their titles,…but the difference is the inbound rules apply to packets…that are coming into the computer or the firewall.…Whereas the outbound rules apply to packets…that are leaving the computer or leaving the network.…Let's go ahead and take a look at our inbound rules.…If a rule has a green check by it,…
- Configuring the Group Policy central store
- Configuring Group Policy settings
- Setting GPO states
- Setting up security policies
- Configuring user rights
- Configuring local users and groups
- Configuring software restriction rules
- Configuring Windows Firewall
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing Group Policy Objects
2. Configuring Security Policies
3. Configuring Application Restricting Policies
4. Configuring Windows Firewall
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.