Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding DNS and Active Directory Domain Services, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- When discussing Active Directory Domain Services…we also need to talk about DNS, or Domain Name Services.…DNS is essential to Active Directory Domain Services.…The DNS record is used to locate domain controllers.…The DNS record is also used to locate…Active Directory Domain Services…on different domain controllers.…When setting up DNS and domain controllers,…Active Directory registration is handled automatically.…
However, for the automatic registration to take place,…we also have to have support for the dynamic…update standard.…The reason registration is so important…is because of several concerns.…One, failed registration can have negative effects.…Next, computers that are not on the domain…cannot use the domain controller…to join the domain if the domain controller…is not registered.…Also, existing domain members will be unable to log on.…
Finally, domain controllers can't replicate with each other,…if DNS registration has not taken place.…Once you've set up your domain controller…you can test registration very easily…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.