Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting DHCP, part of Windows Server 2016: DHCP.
- [Instructor] When it comes to troubleshooting DHCP,…there's really not that much to have to worry about.…I mean the reality is is when it comes…to troubleshooting in general,…doesn't matter what it is you're troubleshooting,…it really comes down to understanding…how a process works in the first place,…and then going through and evaluating where…there may have been a breakdown in that process.…What I would like to do with you here,…is go through just a few common examples…of issues that you might run into,…and to talk a little bit about what might cause them,…or what you might do to resolve them.…
So the first would have to do with address conflicts, right,…so the scenario is, you have the same IP address…being offered to two different clients.…Well, there's a couple of reasons…that I could think of that might cause this.…One has to do with, if you have an administrator,…who manually deletes a lease out of the DHCP database,…you might have a client that obtained a lease,…and especially if it's a long lease,…
- Explore the features of DHCP through an overview.
- Recognize the steps of installing the DHCP server role.
- Break down how to configure DHCP scopes.
- Discover the elements of DHCP scopes.
- Identify the way in which a user configures DHCP options.
- Examine how to manage the DHCP database.
- Recognize the ways to troubleshoot in DHCP.