In this segment you will see the requirements for installing Windows Server Update Services on a Windows 2016 Server in your environment. The need for the Windows web server, IIS, is presented along with different scenarios to allow access from workstations and servers on an intranet as well as an extranet.
- [Instructor] The requirements…for installing WSUS are pretty simple.…You need a server with good connectivity to the internet…so that it can retrieve the updates from Microsoft,…and it needs to be accessible to the other servers…and workstations in the network environment…so they can pull the updates from the WSUS server.…It does not need to be installed on a domain controller.…In fact, most admins prefer to keep this separate,…especially if they're going to put this update server…in the border of their network…to keep easy access to updates separate…from the directory of all network resources.…
In fact, this doesn't even need to be installed…on a server that's joined to the domain.…This server runs independently of any domain resources.…We can use group policy or some other service…to tell all of our servers and workstations…where the update server is located, but the update server…itself does not need to be a member of the domain.…So for this demonstration we're going to look…at the corporate office for Landon Hotels.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.