Storage Replica is introduced in this video as one of Windows 2016 Server's newly introduced features. Learn how this feature can be used to synchronize an entire volume to a server at another site in your Active Directory forest. The requirements and capabilities of this new element are presented.
- [Instructor] While we're still on the topic…of storage, and before we close out this course,…I wanted to introduce you to a couple of services…that were introduced, or improved upon, in Server 2016.…When Server 2016 was still in the technical preview stage,…the IT industry was already trying to figure out…the best things about this new product.…Nano Server always made the list,…as did some of the Hyper-V functions…for hosting virtual machines.…And depending on the author of the list you were reading…at the time, three or four storage features made the list.…
Resilient File System was one of them.…Others always seem to include Storage Replica…and the Scale-out file server.…Storage Replica is new in Windows Server 2016.…It's an improved way to keep an online backup…of all of your information.…The basic idea is that you can select a partition…or volume on your server and synchronize a copy…to a server in another location.…The other location being across the server room,…across town, or on the other side of the globe,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing from a disk or image
- Using the Desktop Experience
- Installing Windows Server from a network
- Working with command-line IPv4 vs. IPv6
- NIC teaming
- Managing roles
- Adding features
- Managing storage
- Working with virtual hard disks and remote volumes
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Install
2. Configure Network Environment
3. Manage Roles and Features
4. Manage Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.