Join Ed Liberman for an in-depth discussion in this video Storage QoS, part of Windows Server 2016 New Features.
- [Instructor] Storage quality of service, or QoS,…in Windows Server 2016, provides a way to centrally monitor…and manage storage performance for virtual machines…by using the Hyper-V and Scale-Out File Server roles.…This feature automatically improves…storage resource fairness between multiple virtual machines…by using the same file server cluster…and allows specific minimum and maximum performance goals…to be configured in units of normalized IOPs,…or input-output per second.…
A storage QoS supports two deployment scenarios.…The first would be Hyper-V using a Scale-Out File Server.…In this scenario, you're gonna need a storage cluster…that is a Scale-Out File Server cluster…and a compute cluster that has at least one server…with the Hyper-V role enabled.…Your other option is Hyper-V using Cluster Shared Volumes,…and in this scenario you're gonna need Hyper-V…configured using Cluster Shared Volumes for storage…and a compute cluster with the Hyper-V role enabled.…
You can now use storage QoS to centrally monitor…
- Recognize the fundamentals of installing Windows Server 2016.
- Explore the new features in Hyper-V.
- Identify the elements of Windows Server 2016 management.
- Determine what is new in AD DS.
- Break down the improvements made with AD FS.
- Examine the features of Storage Spaces Direct.
- Explore the components of software-defined networking.