Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Some advanced printer configurations, part of Windows Server 2012: Configure Basic Microsoft Services.
- Now that we've talked about printing…in general in Windows, let's go ahead and take a look at…a few more advanced options that we have…when it comes to printing in Windows.…The first option we want to look at is a printer pool.…A printer pool is where you have a single printer,…now remember, Microsoft's definition of a printer…is the interface access printer device,…not the actual printer device itself.…At any rate, the printer pool…connects a single printer to multiple print devices.…This is done for the purpose of speeding up…printing in a busy network.…
In the case of a printer pool,…all the print devices are identical.…Basically what the printer pool does is it basically…hands off different print jobs to each printer…in a round robin fashion so it can constantly…keep print jobs going out to the print pool.…The print pool is slightly different…than the one printer and multiple devices.…While yes, a print pool does have one printer connected…to multiple devices, in this situation, you have one printer…connected to multiple devices that are not…
- Enabling network discovery and file and print sharing
- Sharing a folder
- Adding filer server roles
- Using the Server Manager wizard
- Setting up share and NTFS permissions
- Understanding effective rights and inheritance
- Applying shadow volume copies and NTFS quotas
- Installing and sharing printers
- Configuring remote server management
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring File Sharing in Server 2012
2. Windows Permissions
3. Printer and Document Services
4. Configuring Remote Management
Remote management tools8m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.