In this video, learn how and why to download SDN Express from GitHub. These Microsoft scripts allow you to automate object creation. In this case, you are importing and uploading the gateway service.
- [Instructor] We need to create a gateway…between our virtual machines and our physical machine.…In order to do that, we need to have a gateway.…So there's a free gateway that we can download…from Microsoft to script all ready to go…for software-defined networking.…So you want to choose the URL that you see at the top,…which is github.com forward slash Microsoft…forward slash SDN.…And once you go there, you're going to have the option…to clone or download.…
Let's go ahead and click on the download ZIP file.…And once you download that file,…then you'll be able to go onto the next step,…which is to take the Edge service template generation two…and we're going to import that into…our virtual machine manager.…Now, we're going to choose the generation two…because that is for the gen two type of virtual machines.…If you're choosing 2012 R1 or older,…then you can choose the generation one.…
Let's go ahead and copy the path…to this particular location,…and now we'll go into our virtual machine manager…and we will import the template.…
Note: This course is the first of two that will cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Planning an SDN
- Configuring a Hyper-V switch
- Creating network objects in Virtual Machine Manager
- Creating IP pools and VM networks
- Creating logical switches and uplink ports
- Configuring an edge gateway
- Creating multitenant VMs