Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Remote management tools, part of Windows Server 2012: Configure Basic Microsoft Services.
- Now we've talked a little bit about…remote management, let's go ahead and talk…about some of the remote management tools…that are available in Windows Server 2012.…First thing we need to talk about is…the remote server manager itself.…In order for a server to remotely manage other servers,…you'll need to install the remote server manager role.…This role can be installed from the install roles…and features wizard in Server Manager.…Once you've installed this role,…you'll be able to manage servers remotely pretty much the…same way you would manage them locally.…
Windows also has something called…the Windows Remote Management.…This is often referred to or abbreviated as WinRM.…WinRM is actually a service that loads into Windows…and is what allows servers to manage other servers remotely.…The WinRM is used for both the Windows management interface,…which is already part of the server manager,…and it also allows you to use remote shell…command line tools to manage servers remotely.…
By default, WinRM is enabled in Server 2012.…
- Enabling network discovery and file and print sharing
- Sharing a folder
- Adding filer server roles
- Using the Server Manager wizard
- Setting up share and NTFS permissions
- Understanding effective rights and inheritance
- Applying shadow volume copies and NTFS quotas
- Installing and sharing printers
- Configuring remote server management
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring File Sharing in Server 2012
2. Windows Permissions
3. Printer and Document Services
4. Configuring Remote Management
Remote management tools8m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.