Learn how to prepare the logical networks for virtualization. This allows the script to create the necessary components later on in an upcoming video.
- [Instructor] Let's prepare our logical networks…for our virtualization.…We're in our Virtual Machine Manager…under the Fabric section,…and under Networking for Logical Networks.…So we're going to right-click on our Logical Networks…and choose to create a new one.…The first network we're going to create…is for network virtualization.…This is going to be the network that we use…for hosting our virtual machines.…Let's go ahead and click Next.…We're going to choose the option for one connected network…and allow new virtual machine networks…created on this logical network…to use network virtualization,…which is exactly what this network is going to do.…
We'll click Next.…Now we're going to add the type of hosts…that we're going to allow.…Let's just go ahead and choose All Hosts.…And now we're going to insert our row of IP addresses.…So for this subnet, we're going to use the 172.16.3 network…but first we have to pick a VLAN.…So let's just go ahead and randomly assign VLAN 100.…Then we'll add our subnet 172.16.3.0/24.…
Note: This course is the second of two that cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Determining usage scenarios
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Downloading a service template for the HA gateway
- Copying and importing a script to a library
- Creating a Scale-Out File Server
- Creating a cluster
- Configuring deployment
- Navigating to the job status logs
- Accessing deployment log files