Distributed firewall policies are introduced as a method of enforcing filtering to non-contiguous virtual switches and individual ports of virtual switches.
- [Voiceover] For the bulk of this course, I've been…introducing topics from the vantage point of the company…that uses cloud services as the infrastructure for their…IT needs.…I want to shift gears a little bit for these last two…videos, as we look at a couple of features that have…benefits to cloud tenants, but are mostly services that are…set up by and for cloud service providers.…The first is Datacenter Firewall.…This is a new service introduced in Windows Server 2016,…that can provide firewall functions across the extremely…flexible networks that we've been describing.…
Take a look at this scenario.…Let's say I'm running a data center, and have these two…virtual server host machines taking care of two tenants.…My wife's high school colors were orange and blue so I'm…going to use those colors to tell…these virtual machines apart.…Let's say this is where we start out.…We have three blue virtual machines on virtual host one,…and two orange virtual machines on virtual host two.…Now blue company wants to bring up another server, and I…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Configuring a network interface controller team
- Switching embedded teaming
- Remote enabled direct memory access NICs
- Configuring virtual machine queue
- Enabling and configuring SR-IOV
- Understanding software-defined networks (SDN)
- Reviewing SDN network requirements and deployment scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
1. High-Performance Network Interfaces
2. High-Performance SMB Environments
3. High-Performance Virtual Networks
4. Software-Defined Networks
5. Software-Defined Virtual Networks
6. Gateways and Firewalls
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.