Learn how to configure Active Directory permissions.
- Managing the active directory domain…services environment is one of the most common tasks…that an IT professional will perform.…In fact, there is so much to be done…when it comes to managing active directory,…it's important that you sometimes choose to make…the wise decision to go ahead and assign…some of those administration needs out to other people.…So what I'd like to do here is to connect…to one of our domain controllers and show you…how you can actually assign permissions…over certain active directory objects…out to other administrators.…
So for this demonstration, I'm going to connect with DC1.…Here in the server manager,…we're going to go up to the tools menu,…and then select active directory users and computers.…Now before I go any further, I do want to mention…some things that I did before recording this video,…so that if you're following along…you can also do the same thing.…If I expand my domain, Landonhotel.local,…and I click on the users container,…there's one additional user that's not there by default.…
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
What you should know1m 35s
1. Installing Domain Controllers
2. Active Directory Administration Tools
3. Flexible Single Master of Operations (FSMO)
4. Active Directory Permissions
5. Managing AD DS Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.