Password policies help to keep user accounts secure by controlling the details surrounding the passwords users assign to their account. In this video, learn how to configure password policies.
- [Instructor] One of the keys to keeping … your user accounts secure is making sure that the... … You have password policies in place … so that you can have secure passwords. … To demonstrate this, we're going to go ahead … and jump onto a domain controller, … and I have one here called LHDC1. … Here in the server manager, … I'm going to go up to the Tools menu, … and I'm going to select Group Policy Management … 'cause this is how you apply … your password policies is through a group policy. … And I will tell you there is one thing … that's very interesting about password policies, … and that is if I expand my Forest … and my domains and my landonhotel.local domain … is that even though you're going to see, … in just a moment here, that the password policies … are configured on computers. … Right? It's a computer policy. … Believe it or not, you have to do it at the domain level. … So, you either have to do it on the default domain policy, … or you have to create another policy … but at the domain level. …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.