Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of IT Security Foundations: Operating System Security.
- Thank you for watching Foundations of IT Security: Operating System Security. Hopefully you are more comfortable with understanding operating system security concepts including authenticating users, understanding permissions, auditing, protecting the server and understanding email protection. If you're interested in learning more please check out the IT segment of the lynda.com library where new courses are added all the time.
If you're interested in packet analysis please check out my Wireshark course. If you're interested in encryption please check out my Cryptography course. And you might want to check out Basic Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012 with Timothy Pintelo. I hope to see you again soon.
Note: This training maps to a number of the exam topics on the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals exam (98-367). See https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-98-367.aspx for more information.
- Creating strong passwords
- Understanding biometric security
- Adjusting permission behavior
- Enabling auditing
- OS hardening
- Using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
- Protecting email