There are a number of threats to a secure network system. In this video, learn some common network threats and how to mitigate against them.
- [Instructor] Connecting to the public internet exposes … a company to many different types of security threats. … Now there are several ways that malicious hackers … can attack a company network ranging anywhere … from specifically designed malicious tools … to just simply social engineering. … Now there are three fairly common network … related security threats. … The first is a distributed denial of service attack. … Now this is an attack that does not damage your data … or steal your data, … but just simply focuses on inconveniencing you … and taking down some of your services, … and the idea is having, let's say a web server, … for instance, if you're an e-commerce company, … have your web server either be really, really slow … or shutdown altogether so that your customers aren't happy … with you or aren't able to gain your services, … and this is done by an attacker pretty much … putting bot software out on many different computers, … sometimes referred to as zombie computers …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.