Learn how to move user accounts between containers in Active Directory.
- [Instructor] One of the nice features…about Windows Server 2019…Active Directory Domain Services…is the ability to quickly and easily move…user account objects from one container to another.…So, here I am on DC1 and we are in the Active Directory…Users and Computers utility,…and we've just created a user account named Kathy Lopez,…and when I created this account,…I added it into the Users container,…okay, that's what we're highlighting on here…is the Users container and we have Kathy Lopez,…but maybe I've realized,…well, Kathy Lopez wasn't supposed to be…in the Users container.…
Kathy Lopez is a member of our customer service team,…and therefore, that account should be…in the Customer Service container.…Alright so, I would like to show you…a few different ways that you can do this.…The old school way of doing it…is that you would right click on Kathy Lopez' account,…and you would select Move,…and then, you could pick the container…you would want to move that account to.…So, I will highlight customer service and click Okay,…
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
What you should know1m 35s
1. Installing Domain Controllers
2. Active Directory Administration Tools
3. Flexible Single Master of Operations (FSMO)
4. Active Directory Permissions
5. Managing AD DS Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.