This video describes some of the initial settings in Microsoft Message Analyzer. You will learn how to set Message Analyzer for automatic updates and where to configure Message Analyzer to translate encrypted data on your network. This video also shows how to configure the capture to save disk space while still collecting data.
- [Instructor] We ended the last video by installing…the Microsoft Message Analyzer on one of…our administrative workstations.…So here we are back on that workstation.…If I click on the Start button,…I can scroll through All applications,…and I'll find, flagged as new,…the category for Microsoft Message Analyzer,…and inside that category, here's the application.…But I'm going to be using this quite a bit,…so I'm going to right-click on it…and Pin it to the Start menu.…The other thing you need to know…about starting the Analyzer is that…it requires administrative access…if you're going to trace any conversations…on the local machine, so if you choose to…install this on a server, or if you want to…capture data on this local workstation,…you need to be sure to launch this program…by right-clicking on it, selecting More,…Run as administrator.…
Now before we do our first capture or trace,…we want to set a few global options…about how Analyzer will work for us.…We need to specify things like…how large of a trace can we store in local memory?…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Server Core for Windows Server 2012 R2with Mike Pfeiffer1h 37m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.