Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing groups and group memberships, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- Now that we've learned how to create groups,…let's go ahead and look at how we can manage those groups.…The way we can manage those groups…is to come up to our Tools and click our…Active Directory Users and Computers tool and bring that up.…Once we bring up the tool, we go ahead and click…the domain we want, in this case randomdomain,…and we see our different nodes here.…The node we're interested in is the Users node,…where all of our groups and users are located.…As you can see, our PatchDistro and PublicInformation groups…are still there, which we created earlier.…
Now, there's two ways to add groups and users…to a particular group.…One way is to right-click the group and then Add to group.…In this case, this is a distribution group,…and so we can add it to another group,…but we cannot add it to a user.…If we attempt to add it to a user,…such as User1, and then check the name,…we'll receive an error, basically saying name not found.…And that's because User1 is a user and not a group,…and you can't add a group to a user.…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units