This video wraps up the chapter on WSUS by demonstrating the configuration of the workstations and servers that will receive their Windows and applications updates from the server. Topics covered include approving updates for designated groups of computers and local policy edits for the client workstations and servers.
- [Instructor] So we've now arrived to the last video…of this chapter on the Windows Server Update Service,…and at this point we've installed and configured…an update server and it's continuing to synchronize…with Microsoft to download all of the available updates…that we've selected.…This is the dashboard for the Administrative tool…for the Update Service and you can see some of the details…that are available in this view.…One that I'd like to draw your attention to is right here…where we find out the number of new products…that have been released by Microsoft in the last 30 days.…
This is going to be important if you're continuing…to use this update server when the next version…of Windows Server is released, or a new version of Office,…or whatever Microsoft products you want…to maintain using this server.…You can see the number of security updates…that have been downloaded and other critical updates,…but let's take a look at the actual list of updates…by selecting All Updates from the list on the left,…and I'm going to Refresh that list.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Staying up to date with WSUS
- Installing and configuring WSUS
- Monitoring Windows Server performance
- Scheduling monitoring
- Monitoring network usage with Message Analyzer
- Troubleshooting Windows Server with event logs
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Server Core for Windows Server 2012 R2with Mike Pfeiffer1h 37m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Staying Up to Date with WSUS
2. Monitoring Server Performance
3. Monitoring Network Usage
4. Using Event Logs to Troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.