Walk through a high-level overview of Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Another tool that you should be familiar with…is the active directory users and computers tool.…So here, we are looking at the server manager on DC1.…And if I go up to the tools menu,…you will see the fifth choice on the list here…is Active Directory Users and Computers.…So let me go ahead and click on that.…Now, the first thing that I'd like to point out…is when looking at LandonHotel.local,…or I can even expand it,…you'll notice the containers that I see…are extremely similar to what we saw…are extremely similar to what we saw…in the active directory administrative center.…
And in fact, many of the actions that you will perform…in this tool are the same as what you would do…in the active directory administrative center.…This tool has some slight limitations,…and I want you to focus on this because…I'm going to tell you something…very interesting in a moment.…This one has the limitations in the sense…that it was not built off Powershell…and therefor, anything that is Powershell-specific…you can only do, if you want to do it through a GUI,…
- Installing domain controllers, including the AD DS role
- Managing AD DS with AD Administrative Center and the command line
- Transferring and seizing FSMO roles
- Adjusting permissions
- Creating users and groups
- Managing computer accounts
- Creating organizational units (OUs)
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
What you should know1m 35s
1. Installing Domain Controllers
2. Active Directory Administration Tools
3. Flexible Single Master of Operations (FSMO)
4. Active Directory Permissions
5. Managing AD DS Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.