Advanced audit policies give an administrator more granular capabilities when it comes to auditing their network. In this video, learn how to configure advanced audit policies.
- [Instructor] One last thing I'd like to share with you … about auditing in Windows Server 2019, is actually something … that's been available ever since Windows Server 2008 R2. … Okay, and it's still available today … through every version of Windows Server … ever since Windows Server 2008 R2. … And that is the ability to go ahead … and use advanced auditing policies. … So here in the group policy management editor … for our default domain policy, … under Computer Configuration, Policies, … Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policy, … we have our Audit Policy, right? … Here's our nine events that we have the ability … to go ahead and manage, but we can't really do anything … other than turn them on and off. … I mean, the one exception is Audit object access. … You turn it on, and then you have to actually go set it … on the individual objects. … But you can't... … It's no more sophisticated than that. … But if I look further down with the security settings, … all the way down near the bottom, …
- Implementing the Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Protecting your servers from malware
- Common network threats
- Implementing IPsec
- Securing file services
- Delegating privileges
- Configuring account lockout policies
- Managing advanced audit policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2019: Implementing Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 25m Intermediate
Windows Server 2019 Essential Trainingwith Scott M Burrell3h 18m Intermediate
1. Server Hardening
2. Secure the Network
3. Secure File Services
4. Manage Privileged Identities
5. Configure Advanced Audit Policies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.