Scott Burrell creates a business scenario to demonstrate the creation of RMS templates to protect document content from being exported or forwarded.
- [Instructor] Most of the work done…by active directory RMS is done by templates.…Templates contain the sets of rules and permissions…that can be applied to various documents and email messages.…In the Rights Management tool on the RMS server,…you can expand the cluster here at the top left…and see the rights policy templates…that have been created.…Our installation is brand new and there are no defaults…to get us started, so we have a blank slate.…
Let's go through the process of creating a template…so we can see the available options.…Let's say that Landon Hotel is developing…marketing campaigns with the input…of the senior executives over the sales department…and the marketing department.…The slides, spreadsheets and documents…that they create are not to be made available…to the rest of the teams, because they haven't been approved…by compliance, they're not ready for publication…or even further internal distribution.…
Janice Jansdotter, the VP of marketing…and Robert Robertson, the VP of sales…are allowed to work on the files,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Installing and configuring ADFS
- Configuring multi-factor authentication
- Integrating Azure, Office 365, devices, and Microsoft Passport
- Implementing Web App Proxy (WAP)
- Installing and configuring AD Rights Management Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: File Serviceswith Ed Liberman1h 53m Intermediate
Windows Server 2016: High Availabilitywith Robert McMillen2h 22m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure Active Directory Federation Services
2. Configure Authentication Policies
3. Implement Web Application Proxy
4. Install and Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.