Create security templates in RMS to allow users to secure content in their documents. Prevent unauthorized users from modifying or from reading, copying, printing, or otherwise exporting file content.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] For this next part…we're going to need to keep our users in mind.…We're going to go through the process…of creating the templates or the list…of options that will be available…when a user wants to publish their document…to take advantage of RMS protection.…We're going to do that from the Active Directory…Rights Management Services tool.…You'll notice as this loads we get a security alert…which is pointing out that the name of our…certificate doesn't seem to match the name…of the site.…
You will remember in DNS we created an entry…for LCRMS as the name of our RMS site.…We created this on a server named RMSSRV.…So this alert is just pointing out that difference.…I'm going to go ahead and click Yes to proceed.…And you'll see that the URLs that are created…match what we've created in DNS and the name…matches the name of the server up top.…
So now let's proceed with creating templates.…You can create as many templates as you need…but keep in mind that your users need to be able…to find the one that suits them…
Note: The topics covered here map to the Configure Identity and Access Solutions domain for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 70-412, Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services. Use these tutorials to study for the exam.
- Implementing Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Configuring AD FS authentication policies
- Configuring multifactor authentication
- Installing and configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Creating certificate templates
- Configuring certificate authority backup and recovery
- Managing certificates, including templates and renewal
- Installing and configuring Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)