Learn how to navigate to the job status logs in Virtual Machine Manager. This assists in troubleshooting any jobs that may have failed and give clues as to how to fix the issues.
- [Instructor] One of the most important things…in administering Virtual Machine Manager, are the Job Logs.…And we're in the Job Logs area right now,…we're seeing the running area, now currently,…there are no jobs that are running.…So let's go ahead and go back to our server,…and we'll just do what's called a refresh,…and that starts a job, when we start a refresh.…So we'll click on refresh, we'll go to jobs,…and we'll see, it's refreshing.…It also shows the status of the job here,…and you'll see it as it progresses to a hundred percent.…
If we go to the details area, it shows us a little…less information than the summary, strangely enough,…we can also go to the Change Tracking area…just in case there's any changes, that need to be made.…In this case, we're just doing a refresh,…so there are no changes.…On the left-hand side, you're going to see…the command, so if we went to a PowerShell,…and we did a command there, we could see that this…is the command that you would use.…Then there's the results name, and then…
Note: This course is the second of two that cover SDN in a Server 2016 network. This course maps to the SDN deployment objectives in Exam 70-745.
- Determining usage scenarios
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Downloading a service template for the HA gateway
- Copying and importing a script to a library
- Creating a Scale-Out File Server
- Creating a cluster
- Configuring deployment
- Navigating to the job status logs
- Accessing deployment log files